Professional
Long Arm
Quilting Services

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Grinch Quilt

Last year, right after Thanksgiving, I stumbled across this awesome Grinch fabric from Robert Kaufman Fabrics and I just had to grab it. I had no idea what I would use it for, but I loved it too much to pass it by.  Once I was home I played around with a few ideas but settled on trying to make up my own quilt pattern. I wanted the fabric to stay the focus; not too busy but not too plain jane either. I finally decided to make simple blocks that were a bit uneven. 
And that's where I left it...
With the busyness of the holidays, it just never got finished. So I pulled it back out this year and realized just how close I was. I already had all of the blocks finished. So I was able to just sew them all together and wa-lah, a finished quilt top. 
I just added some red minky for the backing and machine quilted it with jingle bells. I love how the green thread looks up against the black background fabric. 

 And here you can see 3/4ths of my Grinch Quilt. It's not even bound yet and my boys have already slept with it under the Christmas tree. I love when a quilt is that loved. 
I'm linking up with: Skip to My Lou, Making the World CuterRichard and Tanya Quilts, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Make sure to check out all the great link-ups.

3 comments:

Lauren Deel said...

I love this, Logan! Great job!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Oh that just reminds me that I WANT THIS FABRIC! I love what you've done with it and the quilting is perfect. That is still one of my favourite Christmas traditions, watching it with popcorn in front of the decorated tree. Thanks for the memories and well done!

genie said...

I hate to admit it, but I am minding myself a wee bit jealous of you and this precious quilt. I love the fabric. Wish I had come across it at one of the quilting shops. The quilt turning out to be darling. Know you are tickled pink. This time the old Grinch makes us all smile. Happy New Year. genie