Professional
Long Arm
Quilting Services

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Footballs


Rach from Family Ever After hosts a really fun competition called SEWVIVOR. I've seen it going on the last two years and boy have there been some amazing projects! This year when Rach announced that Sewvivor would be a quilters edition, I just knew I had to at least audition for a spot in the top 16. So here it is:
A few months ago, I saw this quilt pattern called Touchdown by Cluck Cluck Sew and I knew I had to make it. To say my husband is a huge sports fanatic would be an understatement, ha! Plus, with all the quilting I do, I've never actually made him a quilt of his own. So I figured it was about time and this was the perfect one for him. I did it up in BYU blues since that's one of his most favorite teams.
I was able to keep it a secret and only work on it when I knew he wouldn't be around so I could surprise him for Father's Day. He was so excited! Even more so, when he realized it was backed in minky. Now it's his favorite and he just loves stealing it from the kids during movie nights! Don't worry, they have plenty of others to choose from ;)
Make sure to check out all the amazing entries on Rach's blog. And don't worry, if I don't make it to the top 16, I'll still be rooting for some of my other favorites from the sidelines!

4 comments:

MsMidge said...

I need to see if I can change that football pattern to look like an Australian Footy! Great quilt!

Unknown said...

A wonderful quilt! I think if I could do this for my boys, they'd be so happy. Though there is not enough time till Christmas.. Anyway, I'll try. Thanks!
Merry Christmas,
Susan
Commented on Quilting, Writing and Other Things to Do at http://www.term-paper-research.com/

Unknown said...

I am just inspired of your work. beautiful quilt. thanks for sharing.
African Fabric |African Wax Print | African George Fabric

Unknown said...

such a wonder full way. really love this and try this on ,my home
AFRICAN GEORGE, AFRICAN VELVET GEORGE