Professional
Long Arm
Quilting Services

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Colonnade Quilt

A while back Kimberly from Robot Mom Sews asked if I would be willing to test out a pattern for her. Of course, I said yes! 
I think she did a great job with her pattern cover. She also did a great job writing this pattern. It's so easy to follow and would be perfect for a beginner or someone who wants to showcase some of their favorite fabrics. 
Because the blocks are big, I decided to use up some of my Type by Julia Rothman fabrics that I had been hoarding to show off these big prints. 
I went with some bubble quilting and of course, had to use polkadots for the backing. The quilt measures 59 x 68, so it's a perfect size to cuddle up with on the couch. 
I decided to list this quilt in my Etsy shop.  But if you want the pattern to make your own version, head over to Robot Mom Sews today. 

2 comments:

RobotMomSews said...

Woohoo!! I love this! It's gorgeous and the perfect fabric to show off. I love your bubble quilting too!! Thanks so much for testing Logan!

Spinner said...

Looks fantastic! Love the fabric and the pattern looks like one I could even manage. Very pretty. And the bubble quilting is perfect :)