Professional
Long Arm
Quilting Services

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Simply Retro Update

Last year when I was doing The Simply Retro Quilt Along with Jana, it was moving so fast that on some of the quilts it was all I could do to get one or two blocks done. So I have been slowly working on finishing up the last of them. It seems like they are moving sooo slow because I usually only work on them in between all my other WIP's. Ha! I need to have some finishes soon! 
This one is called Vintage and it might just be my favorite! I have all of the blocks done now. I bought 
backing fabric for this back when I bought the other fabric but now am debating about buying minky for the back instead. I'm torn! So until I decide, these blocks will probably sit in my closet, waiting...
This one is Dapper. I have all the blocks but three done for this one, so fingers crossed, it will be finished up soon too! 
Playground. I only have just a few blocks done here but I'm really liking how it's coming together. 
This last one is called Fresh. Honestly, it's not a favorite. Probably because I am wishing I would have done it in different fabric. As much as I love this Lori Holt fabric, it just wasn't cut out for  a bed spread quilt. This pattern makes a huge quilt and even though I've already cut out all of the fabric I'm thinking I might just make these into a baby size or something and use the rest of the cut fabric for something else. I'm not sure. So if you have any suggestions, let me know! 

There are 12 projects in the book and I've finished all but these 4, so I guess that's not too bad. ;) 
I'm linking up with: My Quilt Infatuation & Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Cristina @ Pretty Little Quilts said...

What great WIPs!!! I have been working on the Vintage pattern too, but I really like the fabric you chose! And I'm gad you showed off your "Fresh" blocks. I have some bake sale and I've been wondering what to do with it, and it gives me an idea of how it will look in other quilt designs. BTW, super cute blog design:)

hydeeannsews said...

soooo many cool projects! I can't even decide which to comment on. love them all. =)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Your blocks are really beautiful. You've been super busy! I really love that Vintage block too!

Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Unknown said...

I have this book, too, and I really like all of the projects in it. I have fabric to start them, but just haven't yet. Yours look great! I just had to comment because the quilts I have fabric to make are the same as yours: Vintage, Playground, and Fresh. I really love Sweet Life, too, just haven't found what I think are the right fabrics to feature in it.